Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Lately, we have been so consumed with being busy that it has been hard to stop and be thankful! I want to share today what the Lord has been telling me lately. About a month ago a friend of mine lost her 13 year old daughter to cancer. As I read her care page updates I am forced to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness for not being thankful for every moment the Lord gives me. Oh, how I have wasted so much time. So today, I am so very thankful for time (or lack of it). I am turning what feels like oppression into opportunity:

Busy schedule-thank you Jesus for my 3 children that make my schedule so busy.

finances-opportunity for God to show Himself to us in a mighty way.

homework and school issues-opportunity for God to show Himself to my children. He can help them through anything.

sibling rivalry-opportunity to teach the kids how to treat each other with kindness and with the love of Jesus (my friend wrote the other day how she wished she could hear her girls fight again. Her house is too quiet!)

I continue to struggle with this on a daily basis. It is my prayer every day that I cherish each moment I have.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How terrible.
How easy it is for all of us to take every moment of our lives for granted. And the lives of those around us.

Kristen said...

Perspective always turns my grumbling into thankfulness. God reminds us of how much we have, doesn't he? Blessing!

Denise said...

Sorry about your friend, bless you dear one.

Cheryl said...

That is so sad. I'm sorry for the loss that your friend had. You do have a nice Thankful post! Thanks for sharing. God Bless~

Chelle' said...

I too have been part of the "too busy to appreciate the moments" club as we have been remodeling our kitchen, planning for company, and hosting two birthday parties over this past weekend.

And I too realize just about every night when I lay my head down that the things I'm overwhelmed by are the temporary and I need to refocus myself to the ETERNAL. The relationships with my children and husband, my time spent in the Lord, and character building and child rearing...

I know today isn't still Thankful Thursday but since I was too busy last week to read this post... I am commiting today, Monday, to invest in the ETERNAL.

Thanks for thte reminder Michele.

eph2810 said...

Oh, Michele - I am so sad to read about your friend losing her precious daughter to cancer. Yes, I had some issues too with raising a son, but I am very thankful for the opportunity God gave me to raise that son with my husband.
Thank you for the reminder that every day is precious and thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.