Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday




“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
~ John 3:16 (ESV)

Since it is Valentines Day I am most thankful, of course, for the love of my Savior. Each day I grow closer and closer to Him. It could be through trials, prayer, bible reading, but mostly it's just through common everyday activities.

Last night was one of those. This year we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day a little more than we have in past years. Not sure why, we just wanted to. We got each child a gift and sat down last night to hand them out (Daddy is working today).
David started out by going around to each child and telling them why we loved them so much. I could see the joy in their eyes and even if they acted like they didn't want us to know, they appreciated it very much. He ended with me and, of course, made me cry. Then David and I exchanged gifts. What was so funny is that we both got each other the musical cards. He got me one with the song, "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" and I got him the one with "Every little thing that you do, I'm so in love with you" by Lone Star. I'm not sure of the exact title. The part I love in that song is where it says, "It just keeps getting better and better." That is so true of our marriage. We have tough times, arguments, disagree on kid stuff, but after 16years I love him more today than ever! Hopefully, the details will work out for a date night tomorrow night!

I am so very thankful for the love of my family! I'm trying to appreciate it more every minute of the day.

6 comments:

flmom said...

How sweet ... lovely Thankful Thursday post! Have a blessed day!!!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/naturalpaths/

Denise said...

Such a lovely post, happy valentines day.

Love Bears All Things said...

Amazed! I love that song too. I sing it sometimes to J.
I would have cried when he was telling the children how much he loved them.
I liked to have traditions when my children were growing up. I used to make heart shaped cinnamon biscuits which I served with strawberries for breakfast and I am still giving them things.
This morning my daughter made heart shaped muffins for breakfast. Guess some of that rubbed off.
Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed reading it.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely TT post. Happy Valentine's Day.

Amy said...

Aaaw - sweet post! Happy V-day to you!

eph2810 said...

Isn't it wonderful to grow in our marriages? I just love seen how far we have come in our marriage.

Looks like your kids had a great Valentines day. I hope that you and your beloved were able to go on a date-night.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours...