Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Weekend

GodTube.com - A moms overture

One of my New Year's resolutions was to laugh more. When my friend Jodi called me and asked if I wanted to go to an Anita Renfro taping (Saturday) of her new DVD, "Thyroid" I knew this would be a great chance to do just that-laugh, laugh, laugh. I saw Anita at the Women of Faith Confernece back in August and she was so funny. This new DVD is going to be sooooo funny. I have never been to a taping before and even that was funny. She had to take severl re-takes and for some reason a train kept going by-seriously, at 7:00p.m? She ended the evening with a great tribute song to all the women that have influenced her through the years. Anita is most famous for her mom song (above) . You MUST take a moment to watch this. She has gotten millions of hits off of YouTube. She is also going to be on Good Morning America soon.

Don't forget to laugh, ladies. I'm trying to do it more. I never thought it would take WORK to laugh more but it does. For me, it works!

Then Sunday night we went over to Jodi and Jeremy's house for a super bowl party. There were a lot of adults and A TON of children. Can't say I watched any football but we had a great time tlaking and the food was wonderful! No finger foods at this party-steak, chicken, vegetables. Really, it was great! Thank you to the Yorks for hosting it.

1 comment:

jodi said...

You're welcome. It was a very fun weekend indeed!