Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Dear Jared

My second son, Jared, turned 9 today. I watched him today give $10.00 to VBS offering, act like he really liked his new Bible and Georgia t-shirt (clothes-yuck!). I think he really did like them. He also offered to buy his sister some candy, and the shock of all shocks-bought his brother his favorite drink at Wal-Mart. He did this all on his own. I was so proud of him and have been thinking about his future. What will he become and who will he marry? Right now I just want to enjoy how he will still snuggle with me and wants to sit by me when we watch a movie. He still uses his special "blanket" at night even though Dad wants to get rid of it! He's so sweet and I know he has a wonderful future ahead of him. I love you Jared!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you blog . . . how exciting! Now I have 2 to keep up with!!! Jodi will tell you that periodically she makes me cry with some of her writings. I think that's a good thing. So, you should know, I got teary-eyed when I read that David wants to "get rid of the blanket". Noah has a favorite blanket too, and that thought of getting rid of it makes me so sad! You let Jared keep it as long as he wants. One day he'll decide on his own that it's time to put it away. That day will come too soon for me!