Saturday, February 14, 2009

Proud Parents


The last 12 days have been very eventful at my house. When I started the fast I was going to spend a few days on several different things but the Lord had other plans. Last August Jacob turned 13 and the teenage years threw me for a loop. I feel very inadequate as the mother of a teenager. We had a lot of issues come up this week that dealt with relationships. Some of which are not settled yet but I have total peace they will be. I have never been so proud of Jacob and they way he handled himself. There were some "things" that came up at school and we asked him if he had said any of those "things". His reply: "No. You tell me not to so I don't say things like that." How simple that was. Why don't we do that with God? He says it. We do it. Simple. The final incident was Friday night. We went out to eat with friends and we got a call. Jacob had been hurt at a friend's baseball practice and needed to go to the hospital for stitches. The parent that took him complimented him on how well he behaved and acted while in such pain. He was so worried we would be mad at him (because we were on a date night and had to leave). We explained to him that we were not mad and were just glad that he was OK. Oh, and the bad sore on his leg has even brought him and Jared a little closer. They have something gross to look at and talk about! I can't believe how much closer we are. Jacob talks to us, asks us questions, and I am enjoying our relationship. I had no idea we would go through so much to get to this point. I know we have a long road ahead in these teenage years. In the future when/if he does mess up (and he has many times just like us adults) I feel like he knows he can come to us. We love you Jacob and have never been so proud of you!

1 comment:

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made said...

You are an amazing and loving Mother, Sis! I love yoU!!