Thursday, February 5, 2009

Daniel Fast Day 3

I have to be honest and say I don't have a lot to report from day 3. It was a very busy day which was good because it kept me from focusing on caffeine and food so much! That's bad because it did not give me as much quiet time as I was hoping for. I'm still learning a lot though because if an issue comes up I focus on it much more and how I can rely on the Lord to help me with it (instead of checking out). Last night was much smoother when we got home from church. Sad to say but that is usually a stressful time trying to get everyone in bed, showers, finish homework, etc... Jared shared a story about a child at school and if I had not slowed down to listen I would have missed what a caring heart my child has!

I also gave my story last night in small group. It was so great to be surrounded by such caring people!

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God..." Matthew 6:33

3 comments:

Tiffany Pezent said...

Thank you Michele for opening up and sharing your story last night. That was good to open up about "work" since we don't all think about that in your way. Hope you understand what I mean-not wanting to give away too much on here. You guys are awesome and I loved learning about everyone over the past weeks. Much more to come!

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made said...

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
~ Romans 12:12

I am rejoicing for you Sis! You are surrounded by caring people and I am glad that you shared. I hope you feel encouraged and at peace. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I love you!!

jodi said...

You were on my mind a lot today. Didn't get a chance to call and say "hey!" I'm praying for you and your fast! Hugs!