Sunday, December 23, 2007

I Got One!!!

To Wii or not to Wii, that is the question. When Jared said that is all he wanted for Christmas we said-no way. Too expensive. We have 3 kids to buy for. etc... NaNa steps in. That's all he wants. We will get it for him. That was December 1. No Wii to be found. In my quest to keep this year simple I said I would help find one only if it would fit into my schedule. No getting in line at 4:00a.m. with the rest of the world. That is not what Christmas is about! NaNa was looking too. No Wii to be found. She prayed. I said I couldn't pray for something like that when there were so many starving children out there who could use all that money for food-right? She still prayed. We still looked. Last Wednesday I walked into Wal-Mart to get contacts and reluctantly went to the back. I knew what they would say-no Wii. What? There's a line. They are getting some. I prayed! A lady in front of me left. The shipment came about an hour later. They got 16. I'm 15 in line!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I got up there to pay the man said-last one! I feel so sorry for the sweet lady behind me who did not get one for her GREAT Grandson but I was not giving mine up-Ha. So, I can't tell you how many times I missed getting one by 30 minutes. My mother-in-law would tell you that prayer works. Accorning to Pastor Ronnie today, there is no such thing as luck. Guess he's right. For a "spiritual" lesson in hunting for a Wii, see Chelle's post.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! How exciting. I think God gets just as tickled about helping us in the 'little things' in life as well as the greater - starving children type problems. Especially for the kids at Christmas-time! If only Jared knew what a Christmas miracle you just experienced!!
(Our Wed. night Pastor mentioned Wii a few weeks ago in a sermon -they've got four kids!! Hope he was able to score one like you!) :)

Merry Christmas!

~jessica

jodi said...

That is such a cool story! I had no idea you were even looking for one! :)

Chelle' said...

Michele- I knew you got a Wii but I didn't know how. I love how God sometimes meets our WANTS just as He always meets our needs. Isn't God just amazing?!

And a personal thank you from me to you. I consider it a PRIVILEDGE to be mentioned let alone linked on your blog. Thank you so much for sharing my blog with your readers. It means a lot to me.