Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Joy of Wrapping Presents

For those of you who have known me for a while you know I love to give gifts. I love to shop for, wrap, and give gifts. A couple of weeks ago I checked with our ministry village about adopting a foster child. They had all been taken which was a good thing. She said they had some other families that had turned in a request and I looked at them. One family had a 13 year old boy named Jacob who liked the same things as our Jacob. I had to pick him! Right before I was about to leave she said: "oh, and I tell people who adopt these kids to NOT wrap the presents. Please provide paper and tape so the mother can have the joy of wrapping the present." Well, I just cried, she cried, we all cried thinking about how we take for granted the little things in life! Wrapping presents can be a joy or a burden! Especially when things are busy and you're trying to get done! Let's look at it as a JOY! I'm thankful for the money to buy the gift and most thankful for the person I'm giving it to.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Ugh...seriously? Want to wrap mine? :)