Well, it has been forever since I have blogged. I hope to catch up someday becasue it was a very busy summer and since my blog will probably be my scrapbook I need to make sure I blog about our entire summer, 2 birthdays, school starting, and who knows what else I have forgotten!
I wanted to blog tonight about something that I do not want to forget about. Today my friend Melody and I atteded the Beth Moore simulcast and it was amazing. Beth has a way of knowing right where you are. I want to list the main points for my benefit (to help drive them home more) and for yours. maybe you see yourself in this somewhere. I sure did! God keeps bringing me to this issue of my desires and today was no exception. I started this year wanting to be AWAKENED to Him. I can see now how the Lord is showing me why I have been so distant with Him. God never moves away from us-we are the ones who move!
The Heart of Our Desires
1. Nothing dictates our lives like our desires.
2. Beneathe the desires of our heart is the heart of our desires.
God will trunp your desire if destiny or glory are at stake.
What we want is what we do not have.
3. Delighting in God adapts our desires into inevitabilities.
4. Nothing external can steal our right to delight.
We have given people (husband, wife, children, boss, etc...) a right they do not have. If we do not delight it is something internal-not external.
WHAT IS TAKING A BITE OUT OF MY PERSONAL DELIGHT BECAUSE DELIGHT IS MY RIGHT. You can usually contribute it to this: JAW
J-jelousy (37:1) desire tinged with resentment. Who comes to mind when you think of jelousy? Look under yur jelousy to your desire.
A-anger (37:8)-What am I mad about? Do you have an anger problem? We use anger to control a situation. Only brings out resentment. Anger NEVER works as a motivator. It creates alienation which is the opposite of delight. Is there an element of grief or sadness under your anger (lost love one).
W-worry (37:8)-fret-means to eat or knaw into. We can repress which makes you sick or rebell which makes you stupid (do stupid things).
5. To make room for delight we've got to commit. Roll it over to Jesus. Micah 7:8
v.5-way means road, journey. course of life. Put it on His shoulders. This is hwere addiction comes in. Addiction takes over identity. Is this your desire or a craving?
Am I on the course of life I wanted in my 20's? Get on the road that takes me where I want to be!
6. Nothing is passsive about patiently waiting for desire to turn into delight.
v.7-Be still-same Hebrew word for STOP IT. Be silent.
7. Until faith becomes sight trust God and do good. He did not say do what is right, he said DO GOOD. Romans 12:21 What good can I do. Who can I help? That's why the world hates us-we are always have to be right. Instead-do some good.
Where has God put us to do good? Enjoy where God has put me and enjoy safe pastures!